[Richmond Hill, ON] April 17th, 2023—Compugen Inc., Canada's largest privately-owned and operated IT services provider, is pleased to announce it has achieved Cisco’s Environmental Sustainability Specialization, which recognizes partners who have demonstrated the ability to help customers reduce their environmental impact by implementing sustainable practices and technologies.

Compugen has a long history of caring for one another and the Earth. Recognizing that technology companies have a key role to play in fueling the circular economy, Compugen launched Green4Good more than a decade ago: a first-of-its-kind, award-winning program designed to help organizations responsibly and securely recycle their IT assets. Any value generated is then paid forward—either to fund new equipment or contribute to a charity or social cause.

"Environmental sustainability is in our DNA here at Compugen; it’s an area we have focused on for many years and continue to invest heavily in,” remarks Harry Zarek, President and CEO. “We are delighted to receive this designation from Cisco and see it as a reflection of our ongoing commitment to our customers, our communities, and our planet.”

Compugen is one of the few remaining North American Solution Providers that own and operate its own ISO 9001:2015-certified asset disposition warehouse. Additionally, it was the first company worldwide to offer carbon credits for end-of-first-life™ IT assets.

To date, Green4Good has:

  • Processed nearly 2M IT assets.
  • Raised $3.5M for 225 charities and counting!
  • Reused 92% of processed assets (…and recycled the remaining 8%)


To learn more about Compugen's green IT programs, please visit www.compugen.com/en/sustainability

About Cisco

Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in technology that powers the Internet. Cisco inspires new possibilities by reimagining your applications, securing your data, transforming your infrastructure, and empowering your teams for a global and inclusive future. Discover more on The Network and follow us on Twitter at @Cisco.

About Compugen Inc.

As Canada's largest privately-owned and operated IT services provider, we help organizations realize new possibilities. To innovate industries, transform businesses, connect communities, and drive meaningful change, we must think bigger, reach broader, and act bolder. Through knowledge, curiosity, and collaboration, Compugen helps organizations deliver experience by design. This is what it means to be human-centred and technology-enabled. Get an ally in your technology journey. Visit www.compugen.com to start now.




Similar Blog Posts

Read the IT Buzz
The future of retail today: Focus on data and AI

Blurring the lines between digital storefronts and the brick-and-mortar experience

Accessibility for All: Creating an Inclusive...

Leveling the Field for Students of all Abilities Inclusive education is a pedagogical approach...

Managing Data in the Era of the Privacy-Minded...

Compliance is Only the Beginning of a Responsible Data Collection Policy The proliferation of...